Movies to watch this Christmas!




I LOVE Christmas! I mean absolutely love it and I get so excited when I can start watching Christmas movies. Especially while decorating the Christmas tree, wrapping presents, and drinking hot chocolate. So this is going to be a blog post of Christmas movies I have watched this year that are worth mentioning. I'll also write a little description about them just in case you haven't seen them yet. Get ready to cuddle up and join in on the Christmas spirit! This is the 25 days of Christmas movies Meagan style! I added some new ones, some I haven't watched before but want too and of course kept the classic old ones :).


So I first started off with Netflix and all the Christmas movies they have on there. The ones that made it on this blog post were worth mentioning. I did find movies that I found myself saying they were too cheesy! I love Christmas movies that have a point to them and they aren't just your normal romance cheese fest. Don't get me wrong I love romantic Christmas movies, but not the ones that contain horrible acting, and unbelievable romance. Okay well a little bit of cheesiness didn't hurt anyone. 


I knew I wanted to watch this Christmas Movie the minute Netflix released the trailer for it. I liked the movie because it actually had a story line to it and not just all about cheesy romance. Yes it does contain romance and you can predict what is going to happen, but its actually bearable to watch. So watch the trailer below and see if this is a Christmas movie you could watch.  Personally I give it 4/5 stars, which is pretty good if you ask me.

 
A Christmas Prince is about a reporter Amber who is sent to Aldovia to get juicy details on the new so called playboy Prince Richard who is soon to be crowned king. She ends up being confused as Princess Emily's tutor and ends finding out the truth about the prince and who he really is. 

Now this movie I came across on Netflix as well, but I guess it's a hallmark movie. Anyways its really good and yes it has the romance, but it also has a meaningful plot as well. I don't know about you, but hallmark makes really good Christmas movies. Even some that make you cry because of the story line. 4/5 stars is what I give it.
Christmas in the Smokies is about Shelby who works on her family's berry farm, but complications put the berry farm in foreclosure. She does everything to help keep the farm from going under, even working together with her ex Mason who has become a country music star.


This Christmas movie proves that things stay in the past for a reason, and sometimes when you get a chance to change that you realize why it was in the past in the first place. You can watch Back to Christmas on Netflix. 3.5/5 stars.


Back to Christmas is about Ali who is given a second chance to change how things ended with her ex, but she soon realizes that is not what she needed.




This movie kind of reminds me of serendipity. Overall wonderful movie with well known actors/actresses.  4.5/5 stars in my personal opinion. You can find it on the Hallmark channel.

Picking up and dropping off is about a Divorced weatherman Will Chaney (Scott Wolf) and single mom Jane West (Amanda Detmer) meet at JFK Airport as they send their kids off for the holidays, and as they keep bumping into each other sparks begin to fly.


The movie NorthPole is perfect to watch with children or even without ;). I liked this movie because it was all about Christmas spirit and trying to show people that their spirit is still inside them regardless of their age. 4/5 stars. You can find it on the Hallmark channel.


Northpole, the magical home to Santa and Mrs. Claus, has grown into a huge city powered by the magic of holiday happiness around the world. Yet as people everywhere get too busy to enjoy festive time together, the city is in trouble. Who can help save the cherished traditions of Christmas? One young boy, Kevin, might have a chance if he can convince his protective mom, Chelsea, to rediscover the magic of the season. With a little added help from Kevin's charming teacher Ryan, a mysterious elf-like girl Clementine (Madison) and a gospel singer named Josephine, Kevin is determined to bring his mom in on the fun and prove that one small voice can change the hearts of many.


I really like this movie because I feel it has a different spin on the usual groundhog day movie. I watch this ever year and I love it even more every time. It really makes you stop and think what you would do if you were in that situation and what day you'd like to experience over and over again until you get it right. 5/5 stars. You can find it on Netflix.


12 Dates of Christmas, A story that follows Kate, a young woman who after a horrible blind date on Christmas Eve, wakes up to find she is re-living that same day and date all over again.

Love this movie its just a warm heartfelt film. From the beginning I wanted Ben and Sara to get together especially for Jesse.  5/5 Stars. You can watch this movie on Netflix.


Anxious to help his struggling, widowed mom Sara, 10 year old Jesse enters a national video contest. But Jesse's winning entry, "All I Want for Christmas is a Husband for my Mom," has unforeseen consequences as Sara is vaulted into the national spotlight and dazzled into accepting a proposal from a wealthy man she may not love.

I really liked this one, I thought it was just a cute Christmas movie. Obviously when the movie started I already knew who she was going to be with, well at least I hoped she would be. I also liked how Pepper ends up really showing who he is instead of this bad ass mean guy he acts like. 5/5 stars. Found it on Netflix!


A cynical radio host is banished to Colorado, where he has an on-air spat with a hopeless romantic. Soon, their antagonistic relationship sparks the interest of the whole town.


Guys I love this movie and I'm sure you have heard of it, but this is one of those movies I watch ever single year. I just love everything about it! 5/5 stars. Found it on Amazon Prime.


Two women troubled with guy-problems swap homes in each other's countries, where they each meet a local guy and fall in love.


Another staple for my Christmas movie binge during the month of December. If you haven't watched it, it's definitely a must! 5/5 stars.

With their daughter away, the Kranks decide to skip Christmas altogether until she decides to come home, causing an uproar when they have to celebrate the holiday at the last minute.


Five New Yorkers come together on Christmas Eve, seeking a miracle. You can watch it on Netflix.

I loved NOEL! It was such a good movie and it really just reminds you to be grateful during this time of the year because not everyone gets to spend it with their family or loved ones. 5/5 stars!

A young woman who comes from a life of privilege falls for the owner of a soup kitchen after discovering a Dear Santa letter written by his seven year old daughter. Found it on Netflix.




A series of mishaps threaten a recently divorced mom's attempts to make her two kids' first Christmas "without dad" perfect.

I just watched One Christmas Eve it was pretty good. I didn't know so much chaos could happen in one movie. 3/5 stars.


A bridal boutique owner is planning a wedding for Christmas when she ends up falling for the bride's brother. You can find it on the Hallmark Channel. 






When struggling pastry chef Kylie Watson learns she's made it to the finals of the American Gingerbread Competition, she thinks her competitive spirit has finally paid off and hopes the publicity will help her jump start her new café. There's just one problem - the oven she's supposed to use breaks down right before the contest. Determined to enter, she reaches out to Nick Mazannti, her old boyfriend from culinary school who gave up his dream of being a pastry chef to take over his family's pizzeria. Find it on the Hallmark Channel.




Based on the book by Melissa Hill, Darcy finds romance with a handsome stranger with amnesia.



Twins unhappy with their own lives decide to switch until Christmas day. You can find it on the Hallmark Channel. 





 In this bucolic burg, where families have lived for generations and take care of each other, there’s a belief that if you wish upon the snow globe in the local cafĂ©, that wish will come true. The only catch is the wish must be completely sincere. When the town veterinarian wishes that this will be her most romantic Christmas ever, she figures that will happen with her longtime beau. Stranded in an airport, she befriends a businessman and his daughter, who had made her own wish on the snow globe. The magical Christmas they share turns out to be more than anyone wished for. Premieres on December 2nd Hallmark Channel. I can't wait to see if this is worth it! 


Eric Randall, a famous Author who writes about how to stay a bachelor is forced to look after his niece and nephew over the holidays and with the help of his Christmas loving neighbor, April, he learns to find love and Christmas spirit. Premieres on December 16th on the Hallmark Channel. Jesse Metcalfe is in this!



An anxious bride-to-be throws in with a broken-hearted guy and a happily married couple for an emergency ride to NYC, learning about each other and themselves along the way. I love Candace Cameron Bure! Find this on the Hallmark Channel December 4th at 3pm.



A holiday wedding brings no joy to the bride's cousin, who was literally left by the groom right at the altar. But she might find her true love there when she gains a fake fiancé in the process. Find it on the Hallmark Channel December 9th at 2pm.



Holiday humbug Krissy Kringle receives a special delivery intended for Santa Claus, the Naughty or Nice book he left behind while visiting a child, and uses the power of the book to expose the naughty deeds of those around her, but soon finds that her newfound power isn't always so nice. Find on Hallmark Channel.


Okay now the rest of the movies I'm going to be posting are the holiday staples and yes I'm sure all of you have watched them already. But now at least you will have a list of what to watch this Christmas in case you forget. I figured I didn't have to add all the summaries when it came to these ones. But I did add the trailers if I found them. Enjoy!

Jingle all the way.


Family Stone.


Four Christmases


Deck The Halls.

Fred Claus.






Okay I know I said 25 but WOW it's hard to just pick 25. Also I will right reviews on the ones that I end up watching. What are your Christmas movie staples that you have to watch every year? So excited for this holiday season!!


Love Always Meg!











Comments

Popular Posts